For health and fitness success in the new year, the experts at Fitness Premier 24/7 Clubs recommend the following 8 steps to find the perfect gym:
- Location: When looking for a gym membership, make sure to always go close to home. A gym should be in a location that makes it convenient and not a hassle because it happens to be a 20 minute drive just to get there. If the location of the gym is close to home, it’s harder to make excuses not to go.
- Amenities: Take advantage of the amenities the gym has, such as the locker rooms with showers and 24/7 access. Keep a gym bag packed and ready to go at all times including: headphones, gym clothes, shoes, towel, snack, deodorant, shaker cup, and supplements. Keeping a gym bag ready helps to not only be prepared to take on a challenging workout regularly, but also to take advantage of the club amenities post-workout.
- Fitness Assessment: 95% percent of people who go into a gym without a plan will fail. All gym goers, whether they have been going to a gym for years or are going for the first time, should remember it’s always important to assess personal health and fitness levels. A sit-down with a personal trainer is the perfect place to get an awareness for one’s physical health, discuss health risks based on personal habits, begin to establish attainable goals, and increase confidence in any fitness environment. With the empowerment of a personalized fitness assessment, confidence about coming into the gym, having a plan and someone to go to with questions, increases exponentially – increasing success exponentially.
- Get a coach: Everyone needs a coach. A coach acts as a guide, a motivator, and a mentor for both new and seasoned gym-goers. They can help new fitness members maximize their gym time and steadily reach their goals. They can help seasoned gym-goers rework their standard routines and set new fitness goals.
- Take a class: or two or three… Working out with a group of people has been proven to keep people both more motivated and comfortable, as well as ensure a fun workout. The best part is those who take classes make more friends and can keep each other accountable to keep coming back to the gym.
- Bring a buddy: If a class doesn’t work in the schedule, grab a friend and go push through a workout together! Having a gym buddy helps both people workout harder, have more fun, and maybe even get a friendly competition going. Friends keep each other going on those days where one of them really feels like just laying in bed watching Netflix with their favorite ice cream.
- Nutrition: Getting into the gym for a hour is the easy part compared to the other 23 hours of the day. While hitting the gym can be a great boost to health and body image, it does little to nothing without a good diet and proper nutrition. Eating right can make all the difference in a fitness journey.
- Keep it up: To get the most out of a membership – use it! A good way to get the most out of it is by staying consistent in how many days a week one goes to the gym. Stick to a plan, get that coach, take those classes, stay on top of nutrition – and achieve success!
This article is courtesy of Fitness Premier 24/7 Clubs.