Puppies don’t just make great best friends; they’re also awesome (and adorable) workout buddies. It’s important for both humans and pups to stay active, so Pedigree is sharing fun, interactive tips with fitness inspiration, perfect for owner/puppy bonding.
While you’re focused on keeping in shape, it’s important to also keep diet top of mind. A complete and balanced diet with a dog food that provides the proper nutrition is needed for any pet, and especially important for puppies as they’re growing.
1. Canines on the Court – Let your pup play doggie defense in a game of backyard basketball. Dribble the ball around and watch your puppy opponent have the time of his life trying to steal the ball again and again.
2. Group Pup-Dates – If you’re meeting up with friends for some outdoor fun, don’t forget to bring your pooch, too. You and your pals can break a sweat chasing your pets around, and the pups will get to expel some energy, socialize with their fellow pup-letes and create their own canine games.
3. Fetch Takes the Field – Give your usual game of fetch a soccer spin by kicking a soccer ball outside while your pup chases after it. He’ll love chasing after the moving target.
4. Nama-Sit, Nama-Stay – Recent studies have found that owning a dog has an array of health benefits for both the minds and bodies of dog owners. Try out a relaxing and fun bonding experience with your four-legged friend by practicing the art of “doga” (dog yoga). At the very least, you’ll have fun trying new poses with your pup.
5. Race to the Finish – Let your pup run at top speed to see if he can beat you in a foot race.
6. Walk It Out – At the end of the day, there’s nothing like a good, old-fashioned walk. Keep it fun and interesting for you and your pup by taking walks outside of your neighborhood every once in a while. Find a new trail or a local lake to stroll around. Your puppy will love taking in all the new sights and smells.