For many, summer is the perfect time to get out of town – but it doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg to do so.
For those in the US, RetailMeNot has compiled a list of the most affordable spring destinations; though for all travelers, here are the top tips to stay on budget to ensure no traveler gets left behind.
Consider the following budget-friendly spring destinations and check out the RetailMeNot blog, The Real Deal, for the full list.
- Park City, UT: While summer travel usually brings thoughts of sunshine and beaches, now is the chance to ski those slopes before the seasons change. Breaking away from the norm can also save serious bucks as heading to Utah is both a unique and affordable experience.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park: For those looking to get in tune with nature: On the border between Tennessee and North Carolina is the famous Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Entrance to the park is free plus the captivating scenery makes for a memorable trip for the entire family.
- Myrtle Beach, SC: For those wanting to soak up the sun, Myrtle Beach is calling. Travelers can enjoy miles of sand, fishing and seafood, paired with shopping on the Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Boardwalk and Promenade.
Regardless of the destination of choice, take note of these top tips to let the savings fly.
- Check Fares Regularly: With some patience and additional research, those shopping for airfare can score some savings. Set alerts for the intended destination and be the first to know when prices drop.
- Save on Food: When and where to eat while traveling can be a big question mark for a travel budget, so take the early steps to keep costs low. Stock up on cheap snacks prior to travel and bring reusable bottles to stay hydrated. Another tip is to choose accommodations with a kitchen to easily cook and store leftovers.
- Look for City Passes: The costs of finding activities for an entire group can really add up, but depending on the destination, there are big ways to save. City passes are available in nearly every major city, and the perks pay off if you plan on hitting all of the tourist hot spots.