Those planning to visit Singapore can now expect a refreshed sale experience, GSS: Experience Singapore. Taking place between 21 June and 28 July 2019, the Singapore Retailers Association (SRA) is spicing things up to meet the demands of today’s experience-seeking shopper.
Singapore Retailers Association (SRA) joins forces with One Kampong Gelam (OKG), Orchard Road Business Association (ORBA), Restaurant Association of Singapore (RAS), Singapore Furniture Industries Council (SFIC), and Textile and Fashion Federation (TAFF) to bring locals and tourists a vibrant retail experience that integrates fashion, entertainment, lifestyle design, technology and art.
As part of a six week-long event, and on top of existing sales and discounts, GSS: Experience Singapore will run:
- Shopping Sprees such as ‘TGIF!’ (held every friday) where retailers and F&B Operators will dish out tempting sales and discounts to get people shopping for more.
- On 7.7 (7 July), expect to save an additional 7% on GST, which will be absorbed by participating outlets.
Beyond ongoing mega sales and discounts, the event will boast a host of interactive activities and experiences at Orchard Road and Kampong Gelam including:
- Orchard Road Fashion Scramble, which will transform Orchard Road into a performing arena and an interactive runway for 300 dancers and models – showcasing an exciting array of threads and trends from local and foreign designer
- The Great Singapore Street Pop Up to offer experiential retail experiences and culinary delights
- The Great Singapore Stories featuring films by local filmmakers and students and music concerts by local artistes at Design Orchard
- The Great Furniture Showcase featuring new limited-edition designs at Robinsons, The Heeren (Level 3)
Kampong Gelam which is known for its rich heritage, textile shops, unique food options and street art, will showcase a myriad of activities from 5 July – 14 July, including:
- Specially curated OKG Precinct Tours ‘Sultan of Spice’
- OKG Home & Lifestyle Bazaar
- OKG Car Boot Sale and more
This year’s GSS:Experience Singapore also puts spotlight back on stores and restaurants which have embraced new retail concepts and digital technology. Scour the island and be delighted to discover brands including Decathlon, Design Orchard and Commune, Lifestyle, who are committed to giving shoppers more memorable, interactive and convenient shopping experiences.